To Try or Not to Try

I had sushi 3 times before I even liked it, but once I had some rolls with flavours I liked- I was hooked for life. The best part about Sushi is the feeling you have after youve stuffed your face. Surprisingly, you dont feel like someone should roll you home.

 In fact, you feel healthy, and energetic. Sushi comes in all sorts, and Im no expert, but I will say I have tried lots of Sushi, from Coast to Coast. The best to way to learn about anything, is to just go ahead and try it. The worst that will happen is you wont like it!

 Here is a list of Sushi restaurants I have tried specifically in Souther Ontario, and highly recommend:


  • EAST, St. Catharines
EAST has an all you can eat menu, and the food is of outstanding quality.
They have the best torpedo tempura shrimp Ive ever had. I must say EAST is my personal favourite. 
Some of EASTs finest!Assorted sushi with Crab, Tempura Sweet Potato,
Cucumber, Advocado, Shrimp and and Mango. I want it now....yum...........

The decor is modern, and the service is unbeatable every time.
The location is convenient, right downtown St. Catharines on King Street. I  would give EAST 5 stars over and over!

Mikados was an overall great experience! It feels really genuine, and traditional in the restaurant, and in the best way possible.The decor is Old World Japan, and the sushi is amazzzzzing, I highly recommend the Dynamite Roll. ;) And for men: you might be approached with some aphrodisiac tea, on the house of course. (haha, I swear!) Overall it was a great experience and excellent service. When we left, the owner opened the door for us as w us out thanking us for our visit

Inside Mikados Sushi Restaurant

Koi Sushi is in the little cozy town of Kingsville along the shores of Lake Erie. It opened up 5 years ago, but unfortunately I didnt discovered until last winter when I was in the Leamington area. Now I loveeee it, and cant wait to go back.

The sushi is really really good, and the atmosphere inside is comfortable. The colors are rich, and warm, and the staff is really friendly and accomodating. There are 2 lounge spots in the front of the restaurant with large windows so if you can, make a reservation to snag these comfy corners.

I have also tried, and enjoyed sushi from:
If youre feeling really adventurous, try making your own. Its really not as hard as it seems. And if you pre cut your fish and vegetables, it doesnt take that long either. Here are some basic rolled sushi we made at home! Turns out we have a knack for it? If we can do it, Im sure its not that hard..

 Mango, advocado, sprouts and cucumber wrapped in nori

Scotts on a roll! The roll on the top
 left is an outtie. Nori on the inside,
 rice on the out! (It surprisingly easy)
                                                                           

The final product :)

No comments:

Post a Comment