A Holiday Snack: Spiced Nuts

This year I made Spiced Nuts for two Holiday get-togethers. They turned out to be a hit, and it was soooooo easy!! The idea of an ensemble of spiced mixed nuts with cranberries originally came from a recipe I found called "Mixed nuts with Curry Spices" from a recipe booklet called "12 easy ways to an easy holiday"(-From the LCBO,page 23). Up until recently I never thought of using Indian spices in Christmas cooking, but once I thought about it and how warm and explosive Indian spices can be, I decided to go for it. I changed the original recipe a little to suit my taste, and the ingredients in my cupboard-Enjoy!

 Follow this easy altered recipe for sweet/ spicy nuts anytime!

         You will need;
  • 3 cups mixed nuts (salted)
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • 2 tbsp. wildflower honey
  • 1 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. Clubhouse Indian Masala One-Step Seasoning(I used this seasoning which is mostly Coriander instead of Curry- it is a bit sweeter and in my opinion more widely enjoyed by Westerners than the strong taste of Curry)

1) In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
2) Add the Indian Masala spice, stir.
3) Add the wildflower honey and brown sugar, stir.
4) Add the mixed nuts to skillet and gently stir until honey & spices have coated nuts well.
5) Turn element to low and add cranberries, continue to stir for 1 minute.
6) Take skillet off heat, put nuts on a cookie sheet to cool.
 -Thats it! Happy Holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment