Check and Check!

                                                Forklift License, Check!
                                                          Greenhouse Exterminator License, Check!
Who knew Forklifts were so fun?
Starting out in the Greenhouse Industry I never wanted to use pesticides- or drive a forklift for that matter. But sometimes your job surprises you, and you surprise yourself. In my job, I realize now how important it is to have training, both with farming equipment and chemicals. 

Using a forklift comes in handy so often, that now I cant imagine not being trained to use one. It is useful, its easy and its fun! As for the Exterminator license, I have always prefered not to use pesticides. I prefer a more holistic approach to the prevention of the causal agent, rather than cleaning up the after-math. The training I have received by taking the Exterminators course and exam at Guelph University (as well as my hands-on experience using pesticides) has provided me with practical knowledge that I can use in my future with the greenhouse industry. Even in a career without pesticide use, it is important to have a knowledge of chemicals, how to use them, and their effects.
                                                             

Luke, I am your father! lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment