China Town, Montreal

These are some random pictures of my first trip ever (!) going to Montreal, what I like to call- The City of Love. I love, love, love Montreal! Looking back on my first time there is like looking back a hundred years ago. It seems like I am so much more used to it now,...but still, I am equally curious and compelled by it. There is something amazing about Montreal!!!

All of the chaos blends together- the people, the music, the art, the language, it is all so beautiful.It's all mixing together. I think that is what makes it so different from other cities where segregation seems to be the main theme. Plus I love French people and old European style of the city! Oh and buying wine or beer at the convenient store, I think thats great. Or when they legally sell beer in the streets at the Jazzfest. Oh I could go on forever!


Above Picture: Thats me on the left inside an old-fashioned Chinese pharmacy, otherwise known as an Apothecary. The walls are lined with dried roots, flowers, leaves and stems of plants, which are are believed by the Chinese to heal many different ailments, from high blood pressure to the common cold. I was there to buy something which would aid my mom in quitting smoking. I did find what I was looking for, and gave it to my mom for Christmas. Unfortunately she still smokes.


In China Town in front of a temple
What a great day this was! Just bought a Chinese parasol!




No comments:

Post a Comment